Methamphetamine Sampling Techniques
When taking your samples please follow EACH step below in the order outlined:
- Please activate your kit here;
- Before you begin sampling target your areas which you think are likely to contain meth;
- Check PPE for any factory defects, if all suitable put on the PPE provided in the following order: overalls, mask, pull up the hood on the coveralls, gloves;
- Place sampling template on the wall of your sample area, making sure the sample area is high up near windows or extractor fans;
- Open the tube containing the methanol wipe, (the container will have one wipe which is two ply thick (two sheets));
- For sampling multiple areas unfold the wipe into two separate sheets. Use one wipe to swipe left to right, top to bottom, over the template area, once completed fold over.
- Move to the second area and use the reverse side of the wipe used in area 1 to collect the second sample again swiping left to right, top to bottom, within the template.
- Move to the third area and use the second wipe to collect the third sample swipe left to right, top to bottom, over the template area, once completed fold over;
- Move to the final area and use the reverse side of the second wipe to collect the fourth sample again swiping left to right, top to bottom, within the template provided;
- Fold all the wipes back together and place within the sampling tube;
- # if sampling from just one location use the whole wipe and wipe left to right top to bottom within the template;
- When not using a wipe keep within the tube
- Label the tube with your unique CoC number and the number of locations you collected the sample from (between 1-4);
- Remove PPE and dispose of in a plastic bag within general waste;
- Complete the chain of custody form; and
- Place the samples in the return envelope provided and post.